"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Three Month Goodbye

Two days until I leave for Atlanta with Dad for the day before I hop on a bus from the ATL Airport to Ridge Haven, NC for Pre-Field-Training. This is absolutely unbelievable. This time last year was close to my first week of working at McDonalds on Leadership Project in Myrtle Beach, SC.
It was almost a month after that I first started looking into MTW and its abroad internships, specifically Peru. Fast-forward one year and here we are! My clothes are packed and the last thing I need to do in Huntsville is hike my powerline-cut trail on the mountain one last time.

So, this post will be a "goodbye for three months" kind of post. I'll start with all the friends I made on Leadership Project, without yall's encouragement I would not have pursued this internship so strongly. On LP I was so immersed in true community I was motivated to make strive for the same at Auburn. I loved when yall came to visit and when Suz and I made it down to Furman and Wofford!

And Max, I'm sorry I missed your call! Next, goodbye to all my Auburn friends! I will definitely miss you all while I'm in Peru and I am so thankful for all of your prayers! Landrum, keep the adventures going strong and train Sasser and Jeremy up so they can be on our level in the Fall when I get back. To everyone else studying abroad I can't wait to get together and hear all about London, France, Kenya, Europe, Honduras, and everywhere else!

As for all the Huntsvegas amigos, I will definitely see you all very soon. Suzanne, even though the movie was a good balance, the whole Predestination vs Total Free Will was not what were were all expecting! We'll try again when I get back!

Kelly and Anne, keep the mountain fun and don't play with the children at the park again, kinda creepy. Matt and Connor, I really appreciate yall moving all my stuff into the house while I'm gone, you can both expect pet monkeys from Peru in thanks.

Hold down the 256 and all it's glory while I'm gone! I will see you all in three months, I appreciate all your prayers! If you want to contact me, this is the place to do it. Just comment below and I'll respond! Hasta luego, hasta agosto amigos!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow your blog Cary!! Have a wonderful time in Peru, and I'll be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Virg! I will be praying for you as well! I know you are going to have an incredible time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay safe
    Love,

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you had a safe trip, Cary. I love hearing about what you are doing. Love you, Cary. Mimi

    ReplyDelete