"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Saturday, June 4, 2011

PRAYER

Hello all, please do not freak out when reading this, God is in control and I am ok. I was bitten by a stray dog yesterday in the streets of Salamanca in Lima, Peru. I was walking to Luz de Vida (my church) and three dogs fighting and running were behind me in the crowd of people, as people jumped out of their way the dogs chased them so, I decided to not run because ¨dogs can smell fear¨so I stood still and two ran by me but one did not, it pounced and I fought back. This part of town is dangerous and the dog was potentially rabid SO today I had the experience of going to a Peruvian ER to get my Rabies vaccine. Thankfully I got it within 24 hours of being bitten and because of this rabies will be avoided. Tomorrow I have to fly back to the states (alone) to get a vacination that is not anywhere in Peru to fight the potential rabies, it is up to my doctor how long I have to stay. The rabies vacinations are 5 shots which Peru has and I started this morning (HUGE needle yall) and after getting the other shot back in the states its up to my doctor if I need to continue the rest of my Rabies vacination in Huntsville or back in Lima, I am PRAYING for Lima and would appreciate yalls prayers as this next 24 hours willl be quite trying. Thanks for all your love and find security in the fact that God is sovereign and this is happening for some reason, thats what Im clinging to now and it is absolute truth. Chao todos

7 comments:

  1. Praying for you Cary! God is so good beyond what we can see right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dogs obviously like lizards. haha too soon for jokes? I'm happy to hear you're okay and I'm praying for you! Hoping for Lima! Love you lizard I know everything will work out perfectly. Once again, SO glad you are okay.

    Love,
    Quail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Cary. Have a safe trip. See you soon. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is encouraging to hear how you are trusting in God's sovereignty. Your post reminded me of Job where he asks his wife, "Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?" We're all praying for you Cary

    -- Will Haynes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you sweet friend! Love you Cary!

    ReplyDelete