"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stolen Words


Stealing words from some of my favorite songs from my favorite artists.

"They got all the right friends and all the wrong places
So yeah we're going down
They got all the right moves and all the wrong faces
So yeah we're going down
Everybody knows, everybody knows
Where we’re going yeah we’re going down
Everybody knows, everybody knows
Where we’re going yeah we’re going down"

-One Republic

"I've seen the way you deal with things
The troubles that this life will bring
If it gets to you then I can tell by the way you sing
You act like it just doesn't mean a thing

I see you dancin all your, dancin all you, dancin all your daze
Maybe you can tell me how it is you got that way
Dancing all your, dancing all your, dancing all your daze
Come on, come on there's got to be a way

There's all these things that get me down
This dirty world is full of clowns
They'll build you up just so they can knock you down
Laugh at you while your there on the ground

But not you..
I see you dancin all your, dancin all you, dancin all your daze
Maybe you can tell me how it is you got that way
Dancing all your, dancing all your, dancing all your daze
Come on, come on there's got to be a way

I really like the way it feels
I look at you and it's real

I see you dancin all your, dancin all you, dancin all your daze
Maybe you can tell me how it is you got that way
Dancing all your, dancing all your, dancing all your daze
Come on, come on that's got to be the way"

-Avett Brothers

"It's a long and a dusty road a hot and a heavy load
and the folks that i met ain't always kind
some are bad some are good some have done the best they
could, and some have tryed to ease my troubled mind

and I cant help but Can't help but wonder where i'm bound
where i'm bound Can't help but wonder where i'm bound

I been wandering thru this land just doing the best I can
trying to find what I was meant to do and the people that I see look as worried as can be and it looks like they are wanderin too

and I can't help but wonder where i'm bound where im bound can't help but wonder where i'm bound


well I had a lil girl one time she had lips like sherry wine
and she loved me till my head went plum insane but i was to blind to see she was driftin' away from me and my good gal went off on a mornin' train

and I Can't help but wonder where i'm bound where I'm bound can't help but wonder where i'm bound

If you see me passing by and you sit and you wonder why and you wish that you were ramblin' too nail your shoes to the kitchen floor lace them up and bar the kitchen door thank your stars for the roof that's over you

and I Can't help but wonder where i'm bound where i'm bound can't help but wonder where i'm bound I Can't help but wonder where i'm bound where i'm bound can't help but wonder where i'm bound"

-Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment