"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, October 17, 2011

Assignment

This is the first semester my classes have been specifically tailored towards my creative writing major, giving me the opportunity to be critiqued and grow in my art with a pen or keyboard. Many people say a pen is more powerful than a sword, I believe this to be true. My grandfather was a journalism major during his college days and still reminisces on his past teachers and experiences from his classes and constantly reminds me that I need to stick to this path because it is what I like and what the Lord has blessed me with. So, the six posts below this are all examples of the different works I am doing in my introduction class. Hope you all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment