"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Acts 20:24

Time for another update. Biggest changes since my last post are as follows: I'm now a proud member of the Auburn University Gospel Choir, School has picked up A LOT, and other than that life is truckin along the same path.
Two weekends ago I got to venture back to South Carolina to spend the weekend (on a spur-of-the-moment surprise journey) with all my Project amigos at Furman and Wofford. Reconnecting was absolutely wonderful and what I had been thirsting for since being back at Auburn. My boys from Project this past summer have become some of my absolute best friends. Being able to randomly appear on these campuses and instantly be immersed in conversations about God's love, entering new levels of accountability, and experiencing true brotherhood through our inheritance in Christ's blood was exactly what I had been craving from the second I left project.
I have wonderful friends here at Auburn too, but whenever I am around my friends from this summer literally in everything we talk about, we can't keep the good news of God far from our lips. This is something I've tried to apply to my daily life here at Auburn, experiencing it over the summer (and now daily through skype and phone time with my South Carolina brethren) makes me thirst for the same community here on The Plains so, so much. Intentionally trying to make every conversation I have for God's glory is hard, but unbelievably rewarding. It takes effort, it is a tangible challenge but one that if we put the effort in, God will meet us in there and carry us the rest of the way up.
Recently I've been wondering why I am so accepting of my sin, and of my salvation. In the Psalms, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Proverbs, all throughout the entire Bible the different authors and people groups are brought to their knees, faces to the floor because despair and hatred of their sin, and at the same time they dance, sing, praise, are brought to tears in reverence of their salvation and the grace we are given, DAILY. We need to be leading each other, spurring each other on in encouragement and motivation in these areas. We have to seek out our Christian Brothers and Sisters and help pull each other through the filth surrounding us and push each other towards the Lord.
So why is the same not true for modern day Christians? Why do I not CONSTANTLY rejoice and sing at the mercy I've found and how am I not CONSTANTLY disgusted by the poison of sin has in my life? The simple poise sin strikes to engulf us here at Auburn albeit anything from laziness to apathy. Becoming more appreciative and identifying the filth in my life, in all of our lives is necessary.To wrap things up I just want to write out how excited I am for the fall, for hunting season, for the prime outdoors time. Being in nature is one of my favorite ways to enjoy God's power, genius, and my favorite place to just, be still as He commands us to. The feeling of solitude surrounded by absolute majesty and silence in stillness is, God.
I am so thankful to see the leaves start falling and fell the chill at night that makes the stars seem so much sharper and brighter. Only a King infinitely wise and powerful could create such things that speak so sharply and directly to my very soul, and that is why I praise him.

No comments:

Post a Comment