"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Updates from L.P. 4


Today is my last day off. This time next week I will no longer be a McDonald's employee. Then in just one more short week I will be back home in Alabama. Living at the beach was wonderful, but reassured me even deeper that I will be living in the mountains somewhere. I need their strength and power around me, the pockets of escape their trails provide, the connecting path they let me find to our Lord and Creator. But, back to the beach. L.P. has been a wonderful experience. When I return home and will be posed with the question, "So, tell me about it!" I can honestly say I could begin 100 different ways. All the things we did from living together to group dates to skits to lessons to visiting three different churches to McDonalds to beach walks and the cigar shop, the list is endless. But, the unifying factor in all of the above is the presence of the Lord. God marched the whole time we were here, in the midst of annoyances and frustrations he continually reminded us of our dependence upon so much besides him. L.P. has been an experience I believe everyone should have. Having to thrust yourself in a community that is completely foreign to you, yet not foreign because you are still in America was so strange, and good. Needed. Because you are out of your comfort zone still in a comfort zone it was even harder than foreign missions. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment